Above us, Only Sky

Politics, Philosophy, Science, and Everything Else.

Thursday, December 23, 2004

Merry X-Mas!

So, what does an angry atheist like me have to say about the penultimate christian holiday? Well, only good things, really. I'm super hyped about it. I love Christmas morning, love the presents, love that I get to spend time with my family, love it. So what that it's based on a bronze age myth? We don't engage in any bronze age activities, like begging a sky-daddy to give us more stuff, or using the myth to exclude people and ideas. In my family, as in most I expect, it's about the family, about spending some happy time with people you love. I'm very happy to co-opt it from its christian roots and make it my own. Happy holidays to everyone, and I'll be back with more angry rants in the new year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home