Above us, Only Sky

Politics, Philosophy, Science, and Everything Else.

Friday, November 11, 2005

Disturbing

Call me a cynic, but I wasn't surprised to learn that Buah and co have been using chemical weapons in Iraq on civilians. Empire Burlesque Has another expanded article on this- it sounds like there are a lot of more and more credible sources for this, so here's hoping big corporate media will take off its blinders and address this story. Meanwhile, I'm stunned at just how stupid it all is- they're fighting against an Insurgency, for fucks sake, what do they think dropping chemical weapons on civilians is going to accoplish? I'll say this: if somebody dropped a load of White Phosphorous on my city, I'd join whatever violent resistance movement I could find. I don't know what offends me more about this, the stark raving evil of it or the complete ignorance that lets them think it will help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home